Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Burlap and Organic Theme Wedding

This past weekend the hubs and I went on an adventure down to good ole South Georgia for one of his childhood friends wedding. It was a five hour journey but totally worth it. Every detail of this wedding was full of inspiration and it was all so thought out. It was so adorable, and I can not put into words how in awe I was of the brides craftiness and creativity. The poor hubs got dragged from area to area by me owing and awing and making sure I got all the shots that I wanted to share with y'all!

When we walked up we were greeted with this lovely welcome table. I LOVE the welcome pennant banner, and the window frame picture holders. Below are images of their adorable welcome table...


welcome banner

Programs



The next area I was drawn to was the Guest Book table. I loved that they used chalkboards throughout their wedding and added the cute rosettes to the boards. And check out the adorable pen wrapped in twine and the flower...amazing!


Here is the cover of their guest book, I absolutely loved it, the book was bound by twine and I love that it resembled their initials carved in a tree.


This is where they held their ceremony. The walkway was dressed up with hanging lanterns.


 And the gazebo was dressed in burlap, ferns, and a hanging lantern.


I have never seen a photo booth like this one before. I love the arch made out of trees. So unique and really went with their entire theme.


This was their favor table. They had plastic cups with their initial and dates, and they also gave away cookies with their initial on it, as well as peanut brittle. There was also a box of individual bubbles that were used for the bride and grooms farewell.


One of my favorite designs of their event was the charger plates! Each table had a runner made of burlap and the centerpieces varied by lanterns and flowers. The "H" Plates were great and I love that they had 2 coordinating colors! This is a great DIY project, and really added a special touch to the tables. I am not sure where the bride got her products, but you could simply get charger plates from walmart or the dollar store and use a template of your initial to trace it onto the plate and color it in. Perfecto! 



 Another adorable pennant banner on burlap. Another great DIY project!


I am huge fan of mason jars! They are so affordable and they are so versatile. We used mason jars as vases for our reception (read about it here), but they also work great as a candle holder here. I am currently working on making mason jar lanterns, I can't wait to share!


Love lanterns and chalkboards. They had the menu displayed with a reoccurring theme for their chalkboards with the rosettes and added a little something extra with these beautiful silver lanterns! Again, I am not sure what the products were that she used, but you could buy a simple chalkboard and stain the frame to give it that rugged look and hot glue on the rosettes for that desired look.


And the happy couple after their vows...notice the super cute boutonnieres with cotton sprigs in them...


I hope their burlap and organic theme wedding has inspired you as much as it has me! Now for a wedding this weekend in Jekyll Island, I am sure there will be loads of wedding inspiration there! 'Tis the season! Thanks for reading! :)

6 comments:

  1. YOU CAN TELL THAT TRACI HAD PUT HER HAND ON EVERY SINGLE DETAIL OF THE WEDDING, DOWN TO THE FATHER/DAUGHTER SONG THAT WAS RECORDED WHEN SHE WAS 3 YEARS OLD BY HER FATHER. LOVED IT ALL!
    CINDY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this so much! I'd be honored if you'd link to our Things I've Done Thursdays party!!

    Melanie
    http://bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com/2011/09/things-ive-done-thursday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I am loving this rustic wedding! I love the old window with pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is gorgeous! what a great job. I love the purity and how natural it is. take care! I'm a new follower.

    kathryn
    www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the rustic look of the wedding perfect for fall come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty useful information on Burlap and Organic theme wedding. Last month, it was my sister’s wedding and arranged it at one of exotic Chicago wedding venues. Arranged a themed wedding and everyone liked it very much.

    ReplyDelete