Monday, November 14, 2011

Hashbrown Casserole

Well, as you have read the hubs and I have been working on my craft cave! Well, we finally got it all painted on Saturday and really the hubs did so much! He was just awesome, and I can't wait to share the finished product! Anyways after a morning and early afternoon of painting, the hubs was over it...and secretly so I was, so it was time to have a little fun. We decided to have a group of friends over for what else, but football and grilling. So, because the hubs rocked so hard at painting (oh and did I mention he made me french toast that morning too!) I gave him permission to take apart my beloved hutch, and to rearrange our living to set up a command center....
ridiculous..I know, but he will forever love me for it!

Anyways, not only did we have a command center but we also grilled out. We made ribs, wings, hash brown casserole, and baked beans. I wanted to share my version of hash brown casserole (I know there are so many out there) with you because it also makes a great side for that Thanksgiving feast!


Ingredients:
  • 1 bag of shredded hash browns
  • 1 can of cream of mushroom or cream of chicken
  • 1 onion
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 2 cups of cheese

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375. Dice the onion and mix with the hash browns, can of cream of mushroom (or chicken), cup of sour cream, 3/4 cup cheese, salt and pepper. After all ingredients are mixed and the oven is preheated. Top the casserole with the remaining cheese. Cover with tin foil and bake for 45 minutes. After 45 minutes remove the foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes.


It is always a crowd pleaser and is very simple to make. Perfect side for Thanksgiving and any leftovers are great with breakfast the next day! If you make my version, let me know how it turns out! Thanks for reading! :)

8 comments:

  1. this sounds & looks totally yummy and delicious! definitely going to have to add this to my bookmarks and make sometime to go with my breakfast casserole! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy...I know what I'm having for dinner tonight. Thanks, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. A staple at a lot of our gatherings! I sometimes add diced kulbasa(garlic sausage)or crumbled sausage like jimmy dean.
    Love the command centre!
    :)
    Gaylene

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can come cook at my place anytime, Kelli! And.. I gave you a super sweet award.. check it out and pass it on. :)

    Award for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Newly following from What's Cooking Wednesday!

    I haven't made this in a really long time... We're having out of town family staying with us over Thanksgiving and this will be a perfect addition to my brunch table on the weekend.

    Thanks for the reminder and the recipe!

    ~Mrs B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - can't let my family see that command center - they would be so jealous- HA! Great blog!
    new follower via Somewhat Simple - come back by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the harhbrowns look so good.. I will have to make them.. I found you on the link parties.. I am your newest follower.. If you would like to check out my blog to that would be so great, and follow me back and facebook too. I will be doing free giveaways here shortly on clothing and mineral makeup :)

    -Thanks
    Brooke
    blushboutiquestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. ..your is helpful
    ..thanks for sharing the ingredients and step by step procedure..


    *_* maica *_* Buy and Sell

    ReplyDelete