Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Gallery Wall

Since joining Pinterest, I have been in awe of all of the great Gallery walls out there. We have a  long, empty hallway in our home that leads back to our 3 extra bedrooms and a gallery wall had never crossed my mind until I found these great inspirational images on Pinterest. 

 source 
  source

Once I realized I could create this and it would give that blank empty wall some life, I began to develop a plan. First off, I looked around the house and tried to collect things that I could use, I gathered one large picture frame, that held 3 photos, a beautiful iron piece, and the photos that I wanted to frame, including a song the hubs wrote for me the first year we were together. I also gathered a few images and quotes off the web, as well as the idea for the Maps of Our Love. 


I knew I did not and could not spend too much money putting this piece together, so I decided the best place to find frames would be Goodwill. I hit up three local Goodwill's and gathered frames in different sizes and shapes. I got all of these frames for under 15 dollars! As much as I like the mismatched frames from my first inspiration picture, that is not really my style, and my walls have no color on them, I was scared competing frames would be too much. So I headed to Lowe's and picked out a spray paint color, Valspar Gun Smoke Gray. I primed and painted the frames to have a more cohesive look. 


Now, the fun part, hanging the frames. Well, I did not have any good tricks like I had read about in previous blogs. The hubs and I laid them out on the floor in the layout we liked. And the hubs, said he was just going to "eye it out"...scariest words ever....Well he hung the first frame, and as he started to hang the second..the arguing ensued. In order to avoid a fight over something so stupid, I walked away and just let him do it....my stomach was in knots as I heard him hammering away..."how many holes was he making?! Are they crooked?! Are they spaced right?! All these thoughts filled my mind. We are "THAT" couple from renovations reality..that you would think..geezz how are they married?! But I swear, we never ever fight, unless its one of my crazy projects that I make him help with..haha


Anywho, I emerged from the room and to my surprise it looked fantastic!!!! I never doubted him..haha..He didn't mess up hanging one frame! It was just as I had imagined it. 


Here is a close up of some of the items...

The K & D came from Old Time Pottery ($1.29 each). The round frame holds Adam Sandler lyrics from the Wedding Planner.

The big frame holds the song my husband wrote for me, the Map of Our Love, and I printed the owl off the internet and framed it. It is super cute!

Anyways, hope you enjoyed my gallery wall!! Thanks for reading! :)

Linking up at these parties!

Photobucket

30 comments:

  1. This is so awesome. I love the words to the songs too. You've got me wanting to try this. I used to have the kids pictures in our hall. I took them down when we painted. It wasn't nearly this nice though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look! You picked a great color and your husband did a great job hanging!! New follower via Coastal Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah! This turned out great! You and your hubby make a great team! I like how you chose grey for the frames instead of the traditiona1 black.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pinterest really is such a amazing place to find ideas and inspiration. Your gallery wall looks wonderful! Thanks for posting your ideas and pins.

    I host a pinterest linky party each weekend and this week's is still going. I would be so honoured if you could link up your post-it's very Pinspiring!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha @ 5 Minutes Just for Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am attacking a blank wall this week-end with my decorator friend. Thanks for the ideas and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This turned out awesome! Thanks for sharing on the Polka Dots of Parade link-up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the look here. I need to get some frames together and do my own gallery wall. Yours is awesome. I would LOVE it if you would link up to my tuesday linky party {totally Tutorials Tuesday} http://measuredbytheheart.com/2011/11/totally-tutorials-tuesday-111.html
    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks great. And I love that you did it on a budget! Gallery Walls can get SO expensive. Thanks for linking up to Totally Tutorial Tuesdays.

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very lovely!! I have many, many blank walls to be covered, this is such a great way to do it too!

    thank you for sharing, new follower from the linky party.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving your gallery wall!!! You've made it so personal and very pretty at the same time. Excellent job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You and your husband did a great job on this project. I was impressed that you walked away and let him do it. That must have taken some restraint.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'm obsessed with gallery walls. & yours is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This turned out gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE this! I would love if you would share this at the Crazy Cute link party happening at Between U & Me right now! I've got a totally awesome giveaway this week, too!
    OOH! AND, I'm your newest follower! ;)
    www.betweenuandme.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks great!!! I adore this :)

    Jenny
    www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Kelli
    Your wall looks great! You gave me some ideas for my blank walls. Love your blog, I have been reading your posts. Your doing great. Keep it up!
    Love Aunt Anne

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like the look of your gallery wall. It's nice that you chose a gray frame paint--you kind of made the entire project look easy, Kelli.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is sooooo beautiful! Thank you so much for linking up with the frog!!
    HUGS~
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  19. That looks great! I love how you put personal pieces in! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm in process of doing a wall of frames myself so this was awesome inspiration! :) I'm your latest follower from At The Picket Fence! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your gallery wall is beautiful - I must make the map of our love. Just wondering where did you find the owl you printed from the internet?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this gallery layout...I have a few gallery projects I need to do in my home. I found you on Life made Lovely link party happy blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I LOVE it! I think it's great that you didn't go the usual white or black frames look. It came out great!
    Karah @ thespacebetweenblog

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really love how you pieced this all together! What a great gallery wall you created! I am so happy to have you share this @ Show & Share, thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the wall - great ideas and wonderful blog. New followers via Chef in Training - come by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi, Kelli

    I love your wall art! Came out great. I found your blog on Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust link party. I am a new follower. Love for you to stop by www.homesweetbutterfly.com. Have a great weekend.

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love me a gallery wall! It came out great!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love wall groupings like this. It looks great. Thanks for linking it up to Fabulous Friday at Faith, Trust, & Pixie Dust.

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love it! I want to do something like this in my daughter's room but I'm worried it won't look as good as all the ones I see around! Great job! Thanks for linking up to Craft and Tell! Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete