Monday, November 14, 2011

Spicy Sausage Breakfast Casserole

It must be casserole week at The Inspired Collection, but I had to share this awesome recipe for the upcoming holidays. It is very little ingredients but easily feeds 6 to 8 people or more depending on serving size. Last year for New Years we rented a cabin with 2 other couples, and my friend H, who is an amazing chef, made this for us New Years Day. Just when we needed, a little not so healthy food to recover from a night of celebrating New Years Eve.

I make this when family comes in town and usually serve it with a fruit salad. I wanted to make it this past weekend, to share with all my readers, just in case they needed a quick and easy breakfast to feed many around this rapidly approaching holiday season.



Ingredients:
  • 2 can of crescent rolls (reduced fat optional)
  • 1 lb sausage (I like to use hot sausage)
  • 1 8 oz package of cream cheese (I buy reduced fat, well just bc why not cut some bad if you can)
Directions:

Preheat oven and brown the sausage. While cooking the sausage open 1 can of crescent rolls and lay flat in the pan. Close all the seams.


Once the sausage is cooked, in a mixing bowl, combine sausage and the cream cheese. Mix together


After you have mixed the sausage and cream cheese, spread it evenly on the pan over the crescent rolls. Once the mix has been evenly spread, open the 2nd can of crescent rolls and lay on top, close all seams.


Put in oven and bake according to the crescent roll package. Let it bake (usually around 15 minutes) and then it is ready to serve!


Now, it is ready for serving! Really simple, and a great way to feed a house full of people without breaking the bank or spending too much time in the kitchen! If you end up making it this holiday season, let me know how it goes! Fingers crossed that I will get to share my new craft room tomorrow, the hubs and I have plans to hang some shelf's tonight! Thanks for reading! :)

3 comments:

  1. Yum, this sounds delish! Love breakfast foods!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH yum! Im making this next week.. plus pinning it to my foodie board :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy! Thanks for linking up with us and hope you join us again this Wednesday! Have a happy Thanksgiving!

    Marie
    mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete