Tuesday, October 25, 2011

3 Ingredient Pumpkin Cake

Last week I came across a recipe for a pumpkin cake, it was my favorite kind of recipe. You know, a recipe with only 2 ingredients! Well I read all the reviews some people added extra sugar, condensed milk, extra eggs to give it a little something extra. I wanted to stay as true to the recipe as possible but to make the batter more manageable I added 2 eggs.

This cake seriously took 5 minutes to put together and then I just let it bake for as long as the box cake mixture directed. Let it cool and put on my icing. And it turned out so yummy! I know this holiday season if  I am ever in a hurry to throw something together that does not require a lot of fuss, this will be my go to recipe.

Ingredients:
  • 1 box Spice Cake Mix
  • 1 can Libby's Pumpkin
  • 2 eggs




Yep, that's it! I put my ingredients in a bowl and broke out my hand mixer. Mixed it for a few minutes and poured it into my cake pan. I baked for about 35 minutes. While it was cooling I made my own concoction for the frosting. I bought Cream Cheese Icing (the best icing there is) and I mixed it with cinnamon. When the cake was cool, I covered my cake in my new twist on cream cheese icing.





Thanks for reading! :)

13 comments:

  1. I saw this link on Southern Lovelies - looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat trick for the icing!! Yum!
    Thanks for sharing at Show & Share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can make this without the eggs and it still turns out perfect! Use spice cake mix and beat in a can of pumpkin, pour into a bundt cake pan sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 40 min or until done. Cool, invert on serving platter and sift powdered sugar over the top OR melt a few tbsp of cream cheese frosting and drizzle over the top. Also, for a different flavor, follow same directions but use choc cake mix or devils food and pumpkin. Bake the same way and I usually melt some white choc and drizzle over the top or just the sifted powdered sugar. Super simple and yes, the cake does rise without eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've done this same without the eggs. MY FAVORITE CAKE IN THE WORLD NOW! So moist and fluffy. we topped it with cool whip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what size can is the pumpkin? My can looks bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what size can is the pumpkin? My can looks bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Again-- what size can of pumpkin ????

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought the smaller can, or regular can - not the jumbo can

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought the smaller can, or regular can - not the jumbo can

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do I mix the cake mix as directed and then add the pumpkin pie can or just cake mix pumpkin pie filling and eggs?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Only use the listed ingredients at the beginning of post.. Cake mix, pumpkin and 2 egggs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also added the eggs and a bag of milk chocolate chips. To make it festive for the holidays I drizzled a little frosting across. Made it in a regular size bundt pan and also in mini bundt pans for a party.

    ReplyDelete