Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Beach Shrimp

The hubs and I spent Labor Day weekend in Hilton Head, SC with some of our good friends. We enjoyed good eats, good shopping, and good times. Every time we go down with my family, my stepmom always cooks this delicious shrimp; she got the recipe from Better Homes and Garden, and of course has tweaked it over the years. It is this amazing recipe and I crave it every time I am near the beach. They pick their shrimp up from a local shrimp guy who has a stand on the side of the road. I knew I wanted to make this for my friends, because I knew that they would love it just as much as the hubs and I do.

First, we went to the local shrimp guy. He is located off of HWY 278 in a BP parking lot. It is an awesome little fresh food stand, they sell fruits and veggies and fresh fish, everything, literally! And it is all fresh and organic, what more could you ask for....

I asked the guy for 3 lbs of shrimp, and told him we were feeding 6 people. He said you better get 4 lbs of shrimp and that will give you about 6 shrimp a piece. 6 shrimp a piece with 4lbs of shrimp?! I couldn't believe what he was telling me, but I agreed. He opened the cooler and I couldn't believe my eyes. The shrimp were HUGE, I mean HUGE! Each shrimp was 3 to 5 inches long and a 1/2 an inch to inch in width. I have absolutely never ever seen shrimp this large, and immediately called my dad to tell him about the find. He couldn't believe his ears, so I had to send him a quick picture to make him believe! Check out the size of these shrimplings.....


HUGE! right?! The recipe is so easy and delicious. It calls for 3 lbs of shrimp so I eyed out a little bit more of the ingredients but here's the recipe.

Ingredients:
· 3 lbs of shrimp
· 2 lemons, halved
· 1/4 cup parsley
· 2 cloves of garlic
· 1 16oz bottle of Italian dressing
· 1/2 cup butter (chopped and sprinkled all over)
Devein the shrimp. Place in the pan with the dressing and garlic, squeeze the lemon juice over the entire pan and then leave the halves in for baking. Spread the butted over the pan and sprinkle the parsley over top. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes. About half way through stir and get the shrimp coated in the yummy mixture. Take out of the over and serve! Voila....here are some pictures of this yummy feast.



I highly recommend serving with French bread. Dipping the bread in the extra yummy mixture is so delicious! This was a huge hit and perfect for a beach vacation, especially if you have the option of picking up fresh shrimp. I promise this recipe will not let you down! Enjoy!!

Thanks for reading! :)

10 comments:

  1. That looks fantastic. I know my family would eat this up in no time! Thanks for sharing. Come over and visit us. We have some wonderful apple recipes this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shrimp so this caught my eye over at Southern Lovely's link party. Looks so delicious! I don't think we can finish 3lbs of shrimp at our house though, so I will be adjusting your recipe for a smaller portion.

    If you have time, I would love for you to join my first giveaway:

    http://ofpinksandfairytales.blogspot.com/2011/09/giveaway-my-memories-suite.html

    Hope to see you there!

    Janelle
    Of Pinks and Fairy Tales

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw this at Somewhat Simple's linky party. It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I’d love for you to link this to Things I’ve Made Thursdays going on now until noon tomorrow. I’m trying something new this week- We have two sections to the party- one for kids’ things and one for “Anything”!! I think this post would be an awesome addition to the “Anything Goes” party!

    Hope you’ll stop and link up!
    Melanie
    http://bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com/2011/09/things-ive-done-thursday-new.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. OmiGOSH, how LUCKY for you to get shrimp this size...SWOON!! I have friends coming tomorrow for a furniture refinishing day, and I actually have ALL those ingredients!! It's MY turn to prepare lunch...guess what I'll be cooking!? Thanks loads for the recipe...I LOVE serendipity...

    Deborah (happily visiting from
    http://upcyclingmylife.blogspot.com...hope you can stop by too...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not really a seafood person... At all. But this sounds quite tasty! Thanks for sharing on Fancy This Fridays!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! This sounds great! I would love it if you would share this and/or any other projects you have been up to at Tuesday Talent Show at Chef In Training! Thanks so much and I hope to see you there!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. that looks so yummy! thanks for sharing this at my party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks positively Divine! I love SC and I love shrimp! Those things are HUGE! Thank you for linking this to Foodie Friday! Can't wait to see more. I'm following!
    http://www.homesandbabies.com
    http://notyourordinaryrecipes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete