Wednesday, March 7, 2012

No Bake Oreo Cheesecake

Back in January the hubs and I celebrated a good friends birthday with a trip to his families lake house. The house was amazing! We went in through the garage and the first thing I saw was a media chest on a drop cloth with a can of spray paint...that's when I knew I would love this house! When we got inside it was gorgeous and I wish I would have taken pictures to show you, but we will be back and I will get some then! According to T, his family had pretty much redone the entire house and looking around I could tell that his mom was quite the DIY-er, I hope one day I can share her  lake house with my readers!

Anyways, my friend S and I made this AMAZING no bake Oreo cheesecake for T's birthday and it was easy and delicious so I wanted to share it with you. She had originally pinned this recipe we were going to use, but when we started to make it, we could not find the recipe so we just kinda went with it.....

Ingredients:

1 package Vanilla pudding
1 box of Oreos
1/4 cup melted butter
1 tub of Cool Whip
1 8oz package of cream cheese
3/4 cup of powdered sugar

We used about 3/4 of the box of Oreo's to make the crust. We crushed up the oreos and melted the butter and then mixed the crushed oreos with the butter and formed our crust.
We made the vanilla pudding according to the box and then in a large bowl, we mixed the cream cheese, sugar, cool whip, and pudding together. We added the rest of the crushed oreos to the mix. We poured it on top of our crust and then set it in the fridge for about 4 hours to firm up a bit.

Then after dinner, and a few glasses of vino we decided to break out the cake... It was delicious! It still did not match the same consistency as cheesecake, as I have found with the no bake recipes, like my no bake raspberry lemon cheesecake... but the tastes are so close and I almost enjoy the no bake versions more..they feel lighter and fluffier, although I am sure neither way is good for you.




Anyways, I highly recommend this recipe for a quick and easy desert for any occasion, just give it enough time to all come together and let it sit in the fridge before serving.

2 comments:

  1. yum yum yum! This looks so good!! Cant wait to see pictures of the house :)

    Ps.. make sure you check out my week of giveaways going on now!

    ReplyDelete