Monday, July 25, 2011

Taste Test Extravaganza

This past weekend my husband and I were busy busy. We woke up Saturday and went to the Marietta Farmers Market, and let me just say it was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! We got loads of fresh produce, and my favorite purchase was a homemade red pepper jam! Yum! Serve it with a little cream cheese on wheat thins! So delicious, creamy but has a little bit of a kick! The owner of the booth said she makes the jam herself at home and bottles it and everything! She had about 12 flavors and they were to die for! My plan is to get a different flavor each time we go! Saturday evening we had a house full of people, and Sunday our friends that were moving from New Orleans to Philly decided to stay an extra night, so we got extra time to enjoy their company!

Needless to say, my husband and I had an amazing weekend entertaining friends. With the holidays right around the corner I decided it was the perfect time to break out some new recipes for my guinea pigs…I mean my friends!

I have recently become addicted (like many people) to Pinterest. I found a few recipes on there and decided to make them this weekend. I am going to order them from my most to least favorite!

1. Artichoke Dip Stuffed Bread
This was a huge hit! It is basically an artichoke dip and you use a piece of French bread. Cut in half and hollow it out. Fill the hollow with the dip and throw some extra cheese on it and bake it! YUM! It was delicious and the crowd went wild, so this one is a keeper!
Time: 40 minutes

2. S'mores Baked Delight
My favorite kind of recipe, 3 ingredients, simple, simple, and so good! You use a can of crescent rolls, lay them out and place the mini semi sweet chocolate chips and mini marshmallows on them and then roll them up and bake them by what the crescent directions are! Add a scoop of vanilla ice-cream and you have a heavenly treat!
Time: 15 - 20 minutes

3. Crispy Mozzarella Stuffed Zucchini
You need zucchinis, mozzarella pearls, panko bread crumbs, one egg, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Cut zucchini in 3/4 in slices and use a melon baller to make a little hole in the zucchini, make sure there is a bottom, don't go through the zucchini slice. put mozzarella pearl in the whole, dip in beaten egg and then dip the zucchini in the breading mixture (bread crumbs, parmesan, salt and pepper) place on baking sheet, and drizzle a little EVO over them and bake for about 15 minutes, and then broil for 3 -5 to get them nice and brown!
Very Yummy, but I felt like they need a sauce next time I will add a dollop of spicy aioli sauce to each one when I take them out of the oven.
Time: 20 minutes

4. Spicy Crab Stuffed Cucumbers
Cucumbers sliced about 1/2 inch thick and a hole made with a melon baller. Fill with the Crab mixture (crab meat, cream cheese, hot sauce, mayo, salt, pepper, green onions). Everyone else seemed to love them, but they weren't my favorite. Still a good recipe and something light with no baking.

Sorry there are no pictures! By the time I had the food ready there were vultures (I mean friends) swarming over head, waiting to taste them! I will do better next time and make sure to take some! I have a few fun projects I am working on this week, can't wait to post them with all the details and how-to's!
Time: 20 minutes

Happy Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment