Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Hello 2012 and Mini Fruit Tarts

Welcome 2012!! Can you believe it?! It's already 2012 and we have already flown through the holidays! The hubs and I came home from our New Years trip to Hilton Head today, and I worked hard at taking down all of our Christmas decor! So sad.....I wish we could leave it up year round, but then I guess it wouldn't be as special! I wanted to share with you this awesome mini fruit tart recipe as well as some pictures from new years.
 
Did everyone have a good new years?! We had a blast, it was 65 and sunny on New Years eve and New Years Day! Absolutely gorgeous! We got to spend some quality time with my parents and a little time relaxing and spoiling our pup rotten.
New Years Eve Fun
                    
New Years Day at the Marina

We also had a great dinner one night, that was complimented with these amazing mini fruit tart's that my step mom and I created. They were so simple to make and so yummy!!
Ingredients:

 Key Lime Fruit Tart (we found this at Home Good's but you could use lemon curd)
Whipped Topping
Mini Ready Graham Cracker Pie Crusts
Blue Berries
Strawberries

**lemon curd can be found at your local grocer

Directions
  • Mix equal parts curd or fruit tart mixture with whipped cream. This is done to take away some of the tart-ness and add more of a fluff to the filling.
  • Wash fruit, and then slice strawberries
  • fill pie cups with the tart and whipped cream mixture
  • Top with fruit
  • Sit in refrigerator for about 30 minutes
Check out these YUMMY treats






Don't they look heavenly? I will definitely be making these again, they were so simple. It took about 15 minutes to put together, and was very low cost.

Thanks for reading! :)

4 comments:

  1. yum! they look great to bring to a party! and easy enough to prepare! thanks! I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! thanks for posting..i have made mini chocolate pies but these look good too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delicious! I have a recipe linky @ my blog & would love to have you link this great recipe up.
    cookingwithkaryn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great Kelli! Thank you for linking them up! I am featuring them tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete